A-150 breaks independent

Dieses Thema im Forum "English support forum" wurde erstellt von loeloe, 06.03.2009.

Status des Themas:
Es sind keine weiteren Antworten möglich.
  1. loeloe

loeloe Elchfan

Hi!

My A-150 has following problem: it breaks independantly at relatively slow speed. Example: I started after a traffic light stop, speeding up to 50 kmh, after approx 1 minute all lights in dashboard turn on, including break (the red circle for 'handbremse') and there's nothing I can do but quickly going to the side of the road as there's no way the gas pedal is working. The car breaks automatically and that's it. Very annoying and dangerous as I was driving with my toddler and there was somebody behind me who was really angry for me not speeding up.
    The Mercedes shop investigated and says it's technically impossible for my car to break as it doesn't support this kind of technic. But it happened twice and thinking of this happening on the highway is rather scary. I definately didn't break ;).
    After I turned the car off and restarted, everything was back to normal.

My car is 1 year old and has 11000km.

Someone out there who has any ideas as I'm lost.

Thanks in advance

2. AdMan

Schau mal hier: (hier klicken). Dort gibt es vieles für die A-Klasse!

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  3. #2 casy1975, 10.05.2009
    casy1975

casy1975 Elchfan

Are you sure you have an A class? *ulk*

I really hope you do not break...
    Could tell us whether the engine runs when the hitch is occurring; sounds like the engine dies during you are driving... maybe a problem of electrical contacts of starter lock. Start the engine, do not drive and shake slightly the key.

Casy

4. Julian

Julian Elchfan

Beruf:
    IT-Consultant
    Marke/Modell:
    Audi TT
    this is a unique phenomenon you have there :D
    but it doesn´t sound that good.. maybe you should talk a little more serious with your mercedes shop. have they checked the error-logs?

And can you be sure that the engine was still running when your car "braked" ? As the gear is still in, it will probably feel and sound like the engine is running while its not! At least it would be a good explaination for all this. Try what casy said, maybe its a malfunction in your ignition.. try moving the keys while not driving.

good luck *elch*

5. cooper

cooper Elchfan

Beruf:
    Redakteur
    Marke/Modell:
    B180 CDI (W245), A170L CDI (V168.109)
    Although it's very unlikely, technically seen it is possible that your car breaks on its own. E.g. with a major error in the ESP, which is exactly made to slow down a single wheel automatically when the computer detects an unstable driving condition or sliding. But it's really really improbable -- these systems are very carefully tested.

I would advice to check the electric system to find the cause, starting with the voltage and state of the battery. When underpowered, the computers do the most strange things. Oh, and check the cables and tubes of the engine for traces of a marten. Another point would be to check the ESP sensors at the wheels and their cables.

The main problem: It's not reproducible. Therefor it's very hard to find the cause for your effect. So I would say let now check the battery and let them take a quick look at the engine to check if you were visited by a marten -- and if they can't find anything, just drive on. Maybe it was really a one-time effect and nothing is wrong.

Greetings, Mirko

6. #5 casy1975, 11.05.2009
    casy1975

casy1975 Elchfan

@cooper: Pay attention...
    I do not convinced of an ESP-issue.

Summing up - most likely the electric system, possible causes:
    • faulty generator or battery
    • electrical contacts of starter lock
    • marten *mecker*

Casy

Thema:

A-150 breaks independent

Die Seite wird geladen...

A-150 breaks independent - Ähnliche Themen

1. HILFE!!! A 160 springt sporadisch nicht an!!!

HILFE!!! A 160 springt sporadisch nicht an!!!: Hallo, ich weiss nicht mehr weiter und brauche dringend Euren Rat und Eure Erfahrung!!!;-( Ich fahre seit Jahren einen A 160 lang Bj. 2003 mit...
  2. Ich möchte meine A-Klasse Bj 1998 an Liebhaber verkaufen

Ich möchte meine A-Klasse Bj 1998 an Liebhaber verkaufen: Hallo, Ich bin hier neu und habe nicht alles gelesen i.S. Verkauf.... Ich fahre seit 8 Jahren eine A-Klasse, W168, BJ 1998 und möchte den Wagen...
  3. Mercedes A klasse

Mercedes A klasse: Hallo Folgendes Problem mit der Lenkung Wenn ich Rückwärts fahre und denn wieder vorwärts fahre ist die lenkung immer schwergängig An was...
  4. A 160 springt nicht an

A 160 springt nicht an: Hallo, ich habe seit einigen Tagen den MB A 160, Baujahr 2010 mit eco start-Stopp-Funktion, Schaltgetriebe. Heute habe ich festgestellt, dass...
  5. A Klasse Automatikgetriebe schaltet schlecht

A Klasse Automatikgetriebe schaltet schlecht: Hallo, bin neu hier im Forum. Haben probleme mit unserem kleinen Elch, W168 A160. Wenn man locker losfährt schaltet das Automatikgetriebe richtig...
Status des Themas:
Es sind keine weiteren Antworten möglich.