A150 turn indicator blinks fast

Dieses Thema im Forum "English support forum" wurde erstellt von mauri_h, 09.12.2010.

1. #1 mauri_h, 09.12.2010
    mauri_h

mauri_h Elchfan

Marke/Modell:
    A150
    Hi, has anyone else seen this? When I turn right, my A150 (model 2005) says "Turn signal rear right" and indicator lamp on the dashboard blinks much faster than normal, as if the turn signal light bulb was broken. But when I go outside and check, the light works fine and blinks at normal speed.

I have tried replacing the light bulb, but the problem is still there. The error message can be acknowledged from the display, but it's very annoying to listen to the fast ticking every time when I turn right! Otherwise the car works fine.

The problem seems to be also somehow related to temperature. In warm weather (over +20 C) it is not seen, but now at winter time it appears every time.

Also this seems to affect the turn light behaviour when locking the car: when other lights blink 3 times, the "faulty" rear right only blinks twice.

If you've seen this and know a solution, please respond!
    Thanks,
    Mauri

2. AdMan

Schau mal hier: (hier klicken). Dort gibt es vieles für die A-Klasse!

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  3. #2 umberto, 09.12.2010
    umberto

umberto Elchfan

Marke/Modell:
    Renault Zoe, war: A200cdi Autotronic
    Maybe you have to replace the lamp mount, because there's a loose contact/cable.

Try to compare the contacts of the turn signal lamp on left/right side concerning position/stiffness aso.

Regards
    Umbi

4. #3 mauri_h, 10.12.2010
    mauri_h

mauri_h Elchfan

Marke/Modell:
    A150
    Thanks, I will check the lamp mounts when it's warm enough to work outside without gloves (now -18 C up here)...

Tried to search for this problem on the net but doesn't seem to be very common, as I didn't find anything.

I guess the computer gives the fault message, if the voltage drop from the lamp is too big. It just seems the limits have been set too tight, as it gives the fault even when the lamp is working. As an old hacker, I just wonder if it's possible to modify the limits from the car's OBD port or something...

5. #4 umberto, 10.12.2010
    umberto

umberto Elchfan

Marke/Modell:
    Oops... ???

I don't think so.
    Mostly the control unit software (some units are flashable, some aren't) is hardcoded on the production cars (only in the development phase the software of the control units is highly configurable - but the license cost of the required tools kills the budget of the average people. :-))

Have you tried contact spray to reduce the losses on the transfer resistances?

Another point: -18 degrees can alter the shape of a close-to-the-tolerance-part so that you cross the border and get the fault.

Regards
    Umbi

6. #5 mauri_h, 29.03.2011
    mauri_h

mauri_h Elchfan

Marke/Modell:
    A150
    OK, this was finally solved at the service. A control unit had to be replaced (steuergerät, part number A1699010100). Not sure what exactly was wrong with it, but at least the problem is gone now. Cost a lot of money to fix such a small issue, but I guess that comes with owning a Mercedes-Benz...

7. #6 umberto, 30.03.2011
    umberto

umberto Elchfan

Marke/Modell:
    Thanks for the solution.

Regards
    Umbi

8. AdMan

Schau dir mal den passenden Ratgeber an. Dort findet man Infos und Antworten.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
Thema:

A150 turn indicator blinks fast

Die Seite wird geladen...

A150 turn indicator blinks fast - Ähnliche Themen

1. Alle Warnlampen blinken. Leerlaufdrehzahl schwankt.

Alle Warnlampen blinken. Leerlaufdrehzahl schwankt.: Hallo allerseits, bei dem A168 meiner Frau ist soeben folgendes Phänomen aufgetreten: Sämtliche Warnleuchten im KI blinken im Abstand von circa...
  2. Heckscheibenwischer geht nur wenn ich links blinke

Heckscheibenwischer geht nur wenn ich links blinke: Hallo zusammen, ich bräuchte mal euren Rat bei einem seltsamen Effekt. Der Heckscheibenwischer macht seit ein paar Wochen Probleme. Beim...
  3. A150 Anhängelast erhöhen

A150 Anhängelast erhöhen: Hallo, weiß jemand von Euch ob beim 150er A-Klasse W 169 die Zuglast von normal 1000 Kg für einen Sportanhänger auf 1300 kg genemigt werden kann?...
  4. Hat der Vaneo W414 immer den Tipp-Blinker Serienmäßig verbaut?

Hat der Vaneo W414 immer den Tipp-Blinker Serienmäßig verbaut?: Hallo, wie die Frage im Titel schon sagt, möchte ich gern wissen ob es den Komfort-Blinker / Tipp-Blinker im Vaneo immer, also von Beginn an,...
  5. a150 motorgeräusche

a150 motorgeräusche: Hallo Community, ich habe einen A150, Bj 2005, 86000 km gelaufen. Im Motorraum tritt ein klackern auf, der wagen klingt wie ein Diesel. Dieses...