Car unlocks itself after a few hours

Diskutiere Car unlocks itself after a few hours im English support forum Forum im Bereich Baureihenübergreifende Foren; My Car is W168 A170CDI , 95hp, 2000 Year. I have strange problem with my A170 CDI. Doors unlock by self after few hours and also I notice that...

Status des Themas:
Es sind keine weiteren Antworten möglich.
  1. gnjeno

gnjeno Elchfan

My Car is W168 A170CDI , 95hp, 2000 Year.

I have strange problem with my A170 CDI. Doors unlock by self after few hours and also I notice that when I switch off ignition that Dash panel flashes for several times, and after unlocking doors I found that clock at the dash panel also late for approx. 1 hour. I have been at MB service and they changed Battery but situation are the same and they say that they never had similar problem :-(. If anyone have some ideas please help me.

2. Anzeige

Schau mal hier: (hier klicken). Dort gibt es vieles für die A-Klasse!

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  3. #2 BlackElk, 22.05.2007
    BlackElk

BlackElk Elchfan

Marke/Modell:
    A190 Elegance
    Hi,

I'm afraid that you will need a new (complete) dash panel ..... *heul*

Have a look at ebay, there is currently a panel for a diesel.

4. #3 BlackElk, 22.05.2007
    BlackElk

BlackElk Elchfan

Marke/Modell:
    A190 Elegance
    Check also the connectors at the backside of the panel, may be that there is a contact problem. If the power switches off and on the clock would start at 00:00, but I do not know, what the the central lock system does in that case.

Problems with the door-switch could also cause the unlocking of the car (because the panel notices an opening of a door), but would not cause problems with the clock .....

5. gnjeno

gnjeno Elchfan

Many thanks for fast answers,
    I checked connectors at the backside of the panel and there changed two display bulbs, everything else seams correct. Even I cleaned dash panel with spray for electrical contacts, as well as contacts at ECU and ESP unit. After that for some period everything was correct but after driving approx. 50 km situation is same. Only didn’t check background contacts but that I will do tomorrow. The most confusing thing is clock which late, but not reset to 00:00 .?.?.?
    Questions for “BlackElk” Please can you bit more explain to me why do you think that I will need a new dash panel? Did you already have similar problem with A170CDI? I am asking you because also in MB service told me that there are some possibilities that I will need to change dash panel. If that is solution I would be happy, just want to be sure.

Thanks.

6. #5 BlackElk, 22.05.2007
    BlackElk

BlackElk Elchfan

Marke/Modell:
    A190 Elegance
    It is the first time that I hear about this problem .....

If the clock does not restart at 00:00 , but goes slowly, I think there is a big problem inside with the controller(s).

Damaged controllers can cause program failures, so that the device gets its own life, flashes lights in some cases, unlocks the car, get the wrong time ......

If you can not find any problems with the contacts, it is nearly shure that there are problems inside of one of the controllers.
    If you are an expert you could dismantle the panel and have look inside, may be you can identify an bad soldering point .... but for "normal" people this is nearly impossible.

If you want to keep the car closed, remove the connector from the central-lock-pump-unit and lock the car manually by pushing the pins and with the key (trunk and drivers door), so you can be shure that the car does not unlock while it is parking.

7. gnjeno

gnjeno Elchfan

“It is the first time that I hear about this problem” Exactly that’s everybody say, that’s why I am bit afraid as well as I am confused J Also in MB service were saying that. And all know experts in local garages in my place. Also at all known forums so I don’t know .?.?.? “If you are an expert you could dismantle the panel and have look inside” already did (I am working in computer service, so I have some skills for that) also I removed the connector from the central-lock-pump-unit, and for now this is temporal solution. At one forum I got this explanation:
    “Let's assume the car a bit older. Symptoms like this can occur, if there
    is a ground problem. So please check the ground strap between chassis
    and engine as well as the ground connections of the various components
    in the engine compartment and below the dashboard.
    Despite the battery was changed by your dealer, check the idle voltage
    of the battery, it should be greater than 12,4V. The studs of the battery should
    be clean as well as the clamps.
    Check the battery compartment for moisture. In case, dry it with tissue and check
    water drainage at the edges in front of windscreen
    Then start engine, run at 2000 rpm and check again. Now, 14,4V should
    be seen at the meter. If yes, at least the electrical supply for the components
    should be ok.”
    Please how to say on German Dash Panel or show me link at ebay

Many thanks

8. #7 BlackElk, 23.05.2007
    BlackElk

BlackElk Elchfan

Marke/Modell:
    A190 Elegance
    The German name of it is "KOMBIINSTRUMENT"
    this
    is the link to ebay.

9. Anzeige

Schau dir mal den passenden Ratgeber an. Dort findet man Infos und Antworten.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  10. cooper

cooper Elchfan

Beruf:
    Redakteur
    Marke/Modell:
    B180 CDI (W245), A170L CDI (V168.109)
    Hello,

the most distracting phenomen is the slow running clock. While the car locking mechanism involves several parts which could be responsible for unlocking unintentionally, there is nothing outside of the dash panel which could cause the clock to run slower than normal. Resetting to midnight could happen due power loss, but not running slower. And there is no dependency between the supply voltage and the clock speed, otherwise it would run faster when you drive and lagg when you shut down the motor.

That's why I would also blame the dash panel for your problems.

Greetings, Mirko

11. gnjeno

gnjeno Elchfan

Many thanks,

Today I checked Battery, voltage at idle is 13V and at 2000 rpm is 14,3V seams to me that there is everything OK. Also I cleared all background contacts from battery and so on and after that everything was same. Now I am sure that is necessary to change Dash Board and that I will do in MB service. After that my only hope, that next step is not ECU unit, but will see.

Thanks

Thema:

Car unlocks itself after a few hours

Die Seite wird geladen...

Car unlocks itself after a few hours - Ähnliche Themen

1. W168 A Klasse Automatik gegen Lancia Ypsilon

A Klasse Automatik gegen Lancia Ypsilon: Wir fahren seit 2007 als Zweitwagen einen Lancia Ypsilon. Wegen unserem Alter (über 60)und diversen Beschwerden wollten wir ihn nun jedoch gegen...
  2. A 150 Bj 2007 Motorkontrollleuchte Orange leuchtet ab und zu

A 150 Bj 2007 Motorkontrollleuchte Orange leuchtet ab und zu: Hallo Leute ich habe seit kurzem ein Problem mit meinem kleinen A 150 Bj 2007 mit knapp 105000km also keine Laufleistung !!Seit kurzem geht die...
  3. A-Klasse fährt nicht mehr

A-Klasse fährt nicht mehr: Schönen guten Morgen! Ich hätte folgendes Problem und würde gerne eventuell Ratschläge bzw. Tipps bei der Problemanalyse willkommen heißen! Mein...
  4. Überholung Scheibenbremsen A 170

Überholung Scheibenbremsen A 170: Hallo, in der nächsten Zeit steht bei meinem Elch der Wechsel von Bremsscheiben und Belägen an. Was für Erfahrungen habt Ihr mit den Teilen von...
  5. Motorentausch A 160

Motorentausch A 160: Hallo Elchfans, ich habe zwei Elche vor der Tür stehen, einen mit kapitalem Motorschaden Bj 2001 Automatik, den Zweiten mit intaktem Motor,...
Status des Themas:
Es sind keine weiteren Antworten möglich.