Newcomer

Diskutiere Newcomer im English support forum Forum im Bereich Baureihenübergreifende Foren; Hi there, Now again in english, since there was not a single welcome posting from our german speaking comunity. I recently bought an A 160 of...

1. #1 scottydxb, 08.03.2011
    scottydxb

scottydxb Guest

Hi there,

Now again in english, since there was not a single welcome posting from our german speaking comunity.

I recently bought an A 160 of 2001 in black and hope to meet some people here with the same interest in the A-class.

I am 55 years old, marrried, 1 child, 1 wife and 2 cars.

I am already a member of the R129-forum and hope to share some information with other users here in the panel.

Best wishes from Dubai,

Scotty

2. Anzeige

Schau mal hier: (hier klicken). Dort gibt es vieles für die A-Klasse!

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  3. #2 Imthe1au, 08.03.2011
    Imthe1au

Imthe1au Elchfan

Beruf:
    Personal Fitness Trainer
    Hey Mate Welcome.

I too love the A-class and have an A190 longwheel base W168 2004, great care

4. #3 rs13219, 08.03.2011
    rs13219

rs13219 Elchfan

Beruf:
    Motor trader
    Marke/Modell:
    W168 A140
    Hi,
    Have an W168 A140 which i'm in the process of modifying.

Rob.

5. #4 Imthe1au, 09.03.2011
    Imthe1au

Imthe1au Elchfan

Beruf:
    Personal Fitness Trainer
    Hi Rob,

Gee it must be a blessing living in England where you guys have heaps more options for A-Class when it comes to modifying. Here in Australia the A-Class doesn’t have a strong following and we’ve even had the W169 cancelled from being imported into the country.

So what do you have in mind for you modifications? Is your A140 the long wheelbase or sort?

Ciao

Armando

6. #5 rs13219, 09.03.2011
    rs13219

rs13219 Elchfan

Beruf:
    Motor trader
    Marke/Modell:
    W168 A140
    Hey Armando,
    Well you'd think there'd be tons of modifying options but there isn't. Mostly elderly drivers over here, but you can get some bits & shipping stuff from Germany isn't to bad. I used to work with an Australian guy & he said anything European costs a fortune over there.
    Anyway It's a white swb & so far;
    - 282mm vented front disc upgrade
    - A210 exhaust system
    - sports air filter
    - de-restricted intake
    - ecotek valve
    - 16" oz superturismo alloys
    - Fk chrome front grill
    - mesh bumper grill
    - crystal side repeaters
    - half leather trim
    - custom leather gaiters

Waiting to be fitted;
    - daytime running lights
    - Avantgarde facelift tail lights
    - Carlsson front & rear bumper spoilers

Planned;
    - re-worked cylinder head
    - updated camshaft
    - re-mapped ecu
    - lower & wider track
    - wheel arch extensions
    - colour coded mirrors, skirts & door handles
    - facelift headlights

Prob few more bits but that's off the top of my head. Sorry for the length!

7. #6 Imthe1au, 10.03.2011
    Imthe1au

Imthe1au Elchfan

Beruf:
    Personal Fitness Trainer
    Hey Rob

It’s true what your work college said, it seems that add what 45% ridicules.

Wow I’d love to see a picture or you machine?

Hey would you be interested in brand NEW an original AMG sort wheelbase side shrits. When I brought my AMG body kit the accidently sent through a pair of sort side skrits instead or the one’s I require? They’ve never been opened and still in the box.

Maybe you’ve be able to help me, I’m looking in purchasing the A210 evolution original dual tone leather steering wheel however can’t find it here at all. Do you guy have wreckers or spear parts shops that might stock them

Many thanks

Armando

ps do you know how to attach a picture on here?

8. #7 rs13219, 10.03.2011
    rs13219

rs13219 Elchfan

Beruf:
    Motor trader
    Marke/Modell:
    W168 A140
    I'll post some pics soon, to put them up you usually need an image hosting site I use photobucket, you upload your pics then copy & paste the URL. I may have been interested in the skirts but postage would be astronomical & that's the same with sending you a steering wheel. What have you done to yours so far Armando?

Rob.

9. Anzeige

Schau dir mal den passenden Ratgeber an. Dort findet man Infos und Antworten.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  10. #8 Imthe1au, 11.03.2011
    Imthe1au

Imthe1au Elchfan

Beruf:
    Personal Fitness Trainer
    Hi Rob,

I’ll look into how much it would cost if you’d like, I’d rather someone that’s passionate and loves A-class have it than it sitting around collecting dust and never being used. *thumbup*

What have I done, spent way too much on my baby; A210 Evo Front Grill, A210 Evo rear lights, A210 Evo side badging, A210 Evo stainless steel pedals yet,AMG-boat badge, AMG floor mats, AMG Full Body Kit including rear hatch spoiler, AMG Seat badging, AMG sports suspension system, AMG Styling I, 17 inch alloy wheels, AMG dual exhaust system, Bosch Aero Twin Wiper Blades, Chrome-rings around climate control, Comand 2.0 axillary input in the glove compartment, Comand 2.0 Navigation System, Mercedes 12V socket in the boot of axillary, Mercedes Hood Badge, Mercedes-boat courtesy light
    Mercedes coat Hanger, Mercedes Wood / leather shift knob.

There is a couple of things that I’d still love to do, being; A210 Evo steering wheel, Auto supports running lights in the dark, Auto dipping door mirrors in reverse gear is selected, Car mirrors folded down when locking and unlocking, CD Changer 6 stacker, Light support when unlocking vehicle locator, Lights in both passenger and driver footwell, Mercedes TV tuner and DVD player to my comand unit.

I currently have another post on here as I’m trying to sell some of my other items; 5 x 16X6.5" Mercedes Shaula Alloy wheels Part number A1684010902 (some slight scratches however can be fixed, Mercedes Audio 10 Radio single CD part number A1708200386 (as new and working), A NEW in box Mercedes interior right side protective strip for a long wheel base for A190 part number A1686801874-7d88.

Sorry for the lengthy post

Armando

11. #9 rs13219, 11.03.2011
    rs13219

rs13219 Elchfan

Beruf:
    Motor trader
    Marke/Modell:
    W168 A140
Thema:

Newcomer