Things to look out for when installing springs/shocks

Dieses Thema im Forum "W168 Exterieur, Karosserie, Motor und Fahrwerk" wurde erstellt von 99A190, 27.05.2003.

Status des Themas:
Es sind keine weiteren Antworten möglich.
  1. 99A190

99A190 Elchfan

I installed Elbach springs and Bilstein shocks on my A190 couple months ago. From what I gather, this is supposed to be a pretty good setup both performance and riding quality wise. BUT, every since this setting, I've been having two major issue... 1) The front camber is totally off, so bad that my inner part of my front tires worn down A LOT in just under a month. 2) The suspension are SO stiff that my girlfriend said she would NOT ever ride in it again..

I went to a different pro shop today and as it turn out, the left front Elbach spring were installed up side down!! I didn't know there're direction to the spring and I guess neither did the guy who install it... And to make it worst, on the rear right wheel, the shocks' washers were placed on outside of the shocks, which was supposed to be sandwich the shocks. These two things were corrected today and man, what a difference! Now my A190 really running like a Mercedes now, although still some minor knocking noise here and there, but the ride is a lot smoother and the camber is acceptable compares to before...

I'm sure all the shops in German knows how to properly install them, but just in case if you're experiencing the same, check the direction of the front springs and the washers on the back shocks!!!

2. AdMan

Schau mal hier: (hier klicken). Dort gibt es vieles für die A-Klasse!

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
Thema:

Things to look out for when installing springs/shocks

Die Seite wird geladen...

Things to look out for when installing springs/shocks - Ähnliche Themen

1. w168 A160 oberen Gänge springen raus

w168 A160 oberen Gänge springen raus: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Ich weiss, dieses Thema ist bereits älter und Problem bekannt! Ich will auch lediglich über die einfache Handhabung des Wechsels...
  2. Dachhimmel entfernen - How To ?

Dachhimmel entfernen - How To ?: Moin moin, gibt es ein bebildertes "how to" um beim W 168 den kompletten dachhimmel zu entfernen? müsste demnächst mal mein antennenloch zu...
  3. Routing wiring from the engine bay to the interior battery?

Routing wiring from the engine bay to the interior battery?: Hi Can someone tell me how/where I can route a wire from the engine bay into the the car so I can connect it to the battery? Many thanks James
  4. HI to everyone here...

HI to everyone here...: I am from Italy,and sorry,aber mein deutsch schlecht......So,i just buyed an w168.009 for my wife,elegance,silver colour.I payed it cheap-1400,so...
  5. A170 spring sporadisch nicht an

A170 spring sporadisch nicht an: Hallo Forum Der A170 W169 (Benzin) spricht seit ein paar Tagen nicht mehr zuverlässig an. In einem Moment spring er wie gewollt an und kurz...
Status des Themas:
Es sind keine weiteren Antworten möglich.