W169 / iPod / Phone / Audio 20

Dieses Thema im Forum "English support forum" wurde erstellt von eb_norway, 08.08.2006.

Status des Themas:
Es sind keine weiteren Antworten möglich.
  1. #1 eb_norway, 08.08.2006
    eb_norway

eb_norway Elchfan

Hello, I just got my new W169 and by a mistake I forgot to order the "phone integration kit".

Under the Audio 20 the brochure said something about "telephone" and I thought it was included.

Asked my local dealer to get it installed now, but they wouldn't recommend it as it was to pricey (everything is expensive in Norway though).

Have sent e-mail to a German dealer and he was happy to install it for around 800 euro - which is less than half of the Norwegian price.

BUT, there is a big but.

First: I wouldn't be able to continue to use my iPod integration!
    Second: I wouldn't be able to use any of the keys at the Audio 20. Only the buttons at the steering wheel and "perhaps" the display.

Have anyone here any kind of knowledge about this situation? Or could tell me about a German dealer which have good knowledge so I can contact them. Is quite often in Germany and can have it done down there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards from Norway.

EB.

2. AdMan

Schau mal hier: (hier klicken). Dort gibt es vieles für die A-Klasse!

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  3. #2 Stephen, 08.08.2006
    Stephen

Stephen Elchfan

Beruf:
    Systemingenieur
    Marke/Modell:
    E220T CDI S211
    Hei!

If the original telephone integration is installed, the iPod integration still works and the telephone numbers can be entered via the Audio20CD. This original solution can be post-installed, but I am not aware of the appropriate price for this.

So the german dealer apparently offered you a cheap aftermarket solution that is not made by DaimlerChrysler. I would suggest not to go for this option but instead look out for an other dealer that is able to offer the original solution for a good price.

Some elchfans are working for mercedes dealers/workshops. Maybe one of them will have the posibility to make you such an offer.

Ha det!

4. #3 eb_norway, 09.08.2006
    eb_norway

eb_norway Elchfan

Thanks for your reply Stephen!

(You're Norwegian is very good)

Any suggestions about German dealer I can contact to get "the real deal". If I drive to Hamburg og to Munchen is the same for me - it's FUN to drive on real roads for a change :-)

Ha Det :-)

EB.

5. #4 funkenmeister, 11.08.2006
    funkenmeister

funkenmeister ElektronikElch

Hello EB Norway,

you problem is a real problem *kratz*. You have no chance to inigrate the original UHI universal handy interface (handy, german nounce for cell phone) with an Audio 5 or other systemresults Baseline for UHI ist the radiosystem audio 20 with the optical busystem MOST (medial optical system).
    If you use the Ipod interface you must switch the AUX input. You press the button CD kontinue.
    On chance is the FSE 11 Car kit this system is implement in the CAN Bus system Body. This system works with the button on the Steering wheel and an phonebookcontence an the Clusterdisplay . Other option , Mute, inigition on of ,are in use.
    The favorit of this systemis the UHI connector for chance cellphone typs ( ger, Craddel).
    You have some information in you mailbox.

Nice greets

Kay

;)Puh da habe ich mir aber einen abgebrochen mit seit gnädig mit den Fehlern ;) *heul* *heul*

6. #5 Peter Hartmann, 11.08.2006
    Peter Hartmann

Peter Hartmann
    Administrator

Beruf:
    Immobilien-Ökonom
    Marke/Modell:
    A45 AMG
    Hello EB,

welcome to elchfans.de :) This morning I called my local dealer and asked for a solution of your problem. In fact, there is a solution, but it´s about 2500€ because DC has to integrate a completely new cable system, if you want to have the original system in your car working properly. As funkenmeister said the FSE 11 Car Kit is a cheaper solution but it brings some problems with it; as you already know, your Ipod will not be able to work at the same time as the FSE 11 Car Kit etc.

Frankly, I would not go the first way, it is just too expensive. FSE 11 would be an option, but what is about a bluetooth headset? A new mobil including this feature and hardware (i.e. Motorola RAZR V3) will not be this expensive...

If there are any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask :)

Best regards to norway,
    Peter

7. #6 eb_norway, 11.08.2006
    eb_norway

eb_norway Elchfan

Hi guys, thanks for all the info.

I see the problem and I won't spend so much money on it! Could actually sell my car, get a new with the phone kit factory fitted and end up with the same cost!

Just have to realise that I won't be able to use the buttons on the steering wheel and get some kind of Nokia og Sony Ericsson kit installed. Got a new ticket from the police last week, they saw me driving while smoking and putting the bluetooth piece into my ear. 140 euro went to the norwegian police...

EB.

8. #7 stroker, 12.08.2006
    stroker

stroker Guest

wtf ??

in germany it is allowd to smoke while you drive and no one cares about
    when you put a earpiece on .... but i can feel with you - my last ticket
    cost me round 255 .- for driving to fast *mecker*

9. AdMan

Schau dir mal den passenden Ratgeber an. Dort findet man Infos und Antworten.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  10. #8 eb_norway, 12.08.2006
    eb_norway

eb_norway Elchfan

we're still allowed to smoke while driving, but the phone need to be permanent installed.

eb

11. #9 nimerus, 28.01.2007
    nimerus

nimerus Elchfan

Marke/Modell:
    A 150 Classic ´05
Thema:

W169 / iPod / Phone / Audio 20

Die Seite wird geladen...

W169 / iPod / Phone / Audio 20 - Ähnliche Themen

1. W169 Winterräder W169 Hankook mit 6mm

Winterräder W169 Hankook mit 6mm: Verkaufe für meinen Schwager, der auf einen W246 umgestiegen ist: 1 Satz Winterreifen auf Stahlfelge (15"), Fabrikat Hankook, rundum ca. 6mm...
  2. Elch W169 hat "Parkinson"

Elch W169 hat "Parkinson": Hallo, Freunde des Elchs! Nach 290.000 km auf der Uhr bekommt mein W169 180CDI Automatik von 2006 nun Parkinson: Im kalten Zustand zunächst...
  3. W169 Kontrollleuchte Nebelscheinwerfer

W169 Kontrollleuchte Nebelscheinwerfer: Hallo bei mir ist das transparente Plastik von der Kontrollleuchte gerissen. Kann man das teil tauschen? Bzw. ist es an der leuchte fest montiert?
  4. Fehlercode P0234 W169 A180 CDI

Fehlercode P0234 W169 A180 CDI: Hallo habe Fehlercode P0234 seit längerem in der Benz Werkstatt sagte man mir ich solle das AGR Tausche gewechselt,ich solle das Abgasdruckventil...
  5. W169 .....elektrik "Problemchen"

W169 .....elektrik "Problemchen": Mahlzeit zusammen !! Ich hätte da ne frage die mich (leider schon nen bißchen) beschäftigt!! Nachdem ich das Original Autoradio ausbauen und...
Status des Themas:
Es sind keine weiteren Antworten möglich.